What Is E-Waste?
E-waste is a popular, informal name for electronic products nearing the end of their "useful life." Air Conditioners, Televisions, Refrigerators, Washing Machines, Mobile Phones, Computers, VCDs, stereos, copiers, and fax machines are common electronic products. Many of these products can be reused, refurbished, or recycled.
E-waste has been one of the fastest growing waste streams in the world. While e-waste contains valuable materials such as aluminium, copper, gold, palladium and silver, it also contains harmful substances like cadmium, lead and mercury. In the absence of proper awareness, disposing e-waste in landfill can result in toxic emissions to the air, water and soil and pose a serious health and environmental hazards.
Recycling Electronic Waste Advantages
Electrical waste contains hazardous but also valuable and scarce materials. Up to 60 elements can be found in complex electronics. Most electronic devices contain a variety of materials, including metals that can be recovered for future uses. By dismantling and providing reuse possibilities, intact natural resources are conserved and air and water pollution caused by hazardous disposal is avoided. Additionally, recycling reduces the amount of greenhouse gas emissions caused by the manufacturing of new products.
Under the guidelines of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India, E-Waste Management Rules, 2016 have been notified. The Company stands committed to implement E-Waste Rules.
We understand there is a need to encourage recycling of all useful and valuable material from e-waste so as to conserve the ever depleting natural resources. Recycling end-of-life discarded products is vital if we are to save resources and minimize landfill. The Company understands its responsibility and in this regard we have tied-up with one of the leading and authorised e-waste recycler namely 3R Recycler for facilitating our customers to enable them to dispose off e-waste products after its end-of-life.
As part of our partnership our authorized Recycler, shall provide EPR Services and ensure environmentally sound management of electronics that have reached their end-of-life phase. Recycling and disposal of e-waste helps to protect the environment from any hazardous consequences, which would be otherwise caused by the inappropriate waste management of e-waste.
Do’s & Dont’s
- Always look for information on the catalogue with your product for end-of-life equipment handling.
- Ensure that only Authorized Recyclers/Dismantler handle your electronic products
- Always call at our toll-free No’s to Dispose products that have reached end-of life
- Always drop your used electronic products, batteries or any accessories when they reach the end of their life at your nearest Authorized E-Waste Collection Points.
- Keep the e-waste in isolated area, after it becomes non-functional/un-repairable so as to prevent its accidental breakage.
- Always disconnect the battery from product, and ensure any glass surface is protected against breakage.
- Do not dismantle your electronic Products on your own
- Do not throw electronics in bins having “Do not Dispose” sign.
- Do not give e-waste to informal and unorganized sectors like Local Scrap Dealer/ Rag Pickers.
- The product is not meant for mixing into household waste stream
- Do not keep any replaced spare part(s) from the product in exposed area
- Do not dispose your product in garbage bins along with municipal waste that ultimately reaches landfills.
What should I do with my electronic discards?
The mantra of "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" applies here.
Reduce your generation of e-waste through smart handling and good maintenance.
Reuse still functioning electronic equipment by donating to us.
Recycle those products that cannot be repaired. Customer may handover their end of life products to our nearest drop points for proper Recycling.
We look forward to your support in ensuring safe and efficient disposal of e-waste which is a shared responsibility between our valued consumers and Us. We value your co-operation.
Click Here to download the warehouse details of the company
Click Here to download the authorized collection centre details of the recycler
To know more about safe and secure recycling and proper disposal of end-of-life electrical and Electronic Products Customer can contact at our toll-free numbers region wise at:
North India -1800-102-8632 I South India – 1800-843-3303 I East India- 1800-843-3301 West India-1800-843-3302 I Email – firstname.lastname@example.org